Thursday, 9 July 2015

M9 Crash Victim's Dad: 'Tell Her To Wake Up!'

The father of a woman found injured alongside her dead boyfriend three days after a car crash which police apparently failed to investigate has said she is on life support. Officers are believed to have found Lamara Bell, 25, injured and driver John Yuill, 28, dead in the Renault Clio on Wednesday morning after it left the road near junction nine of the M9 near Stirling. Ms Bell, who has a nine-year-old daughter and a son aged five, is in a critical condition at a hospital in Glasgow. The couple were last seen with friends in Loch Earn in the early hours of Sunday. John Yuill and Lamara Bell missing A police photograph of the car the couple were in Police are now facing questions over the delay between the crash being reported on Sunday morning and their eventual arrival at the scene. Ms Bell's father, Ossie, who had earlier appealed for help in finding his missing daughter, said on Facebook on Wednesday: "Lamara was in a field for three days after the accident. She was on her way home. "Because of some nice guy that phoned it in and was ignored by the incident room the messages were never passed on. "Now my daughter is laying on life support. "All I can ask from everybody is help tonight … tell her to wake up! "Sorry as I write this I am crying my eyes out. Please make her wake up." Police missed crash for three days The scene of the accident One well-wisher told him: "Lamara is a strong, healthy young girl … she can fight this." Lamara's mother, Diane Bell, told Sky News she was "really angry, annoyed (and) disgusted" with police. "She could have died there," she said. Mrs Bell said Lamara is in an induced coma with a brain injury and she was not sure if she would survive. She said she also suffered a broken arm in the crash and was dehydrated when firefighters arrived to free her from the wreckage. When they asked how long she had been there, she apparently replied: "Half an hour." Mr Yuill's father, Gordon, told the Daily Record: "[The delayed police response] wouldn't have made any difference for John. His injuries were such that he died on impact. Police missed crash for three days An investigation has begun to find out why police took so long to respond "But I feel it may have made a difference for Lamara." Assistant Chief Constable Kate Thomson said officers had been alerted to reports of a car having gone off the road "late on Sunday morning" but did not investigate. She said: "For reasons currently being investigated, that report was not followed up at the time. "Officers have notified the families of this update. Our thoughts are with both families at this difficult time. "A full investigation is currently under way to establish the full circumstances of the incident." The Police Investigations and Review Commissioner (PIRC) said it was looking into what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment